How To Declare a Minor in Psychology
To declare the Psych minor, go to this link: Declare a minor
- Select Minor
- For Program, choose Arts and Science
- For Minor, choose Psychology
- Submit the form and you will receive confirmation that it’s been added
To receive a minor in psychology an undergraduate student must complete the following coursework:
- Psychology 1000: General Psychology (3 hours)
- Four more psychology courses (minimum of 12 hours)
- At least two of the four courses (at least 6 of the 12 hours) must be 3000- or 4000-level on-campus OR online courses. The courses include on-campus AND online 3000- and 4000-level psychology courses EXCEPT for the following: Psych 4940/4950/4960/4976 and 4977.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours is required for the psychology
- To earn the psychology minor, students must have at least a
2.00 GPA in the required courses. Students must receive a grade
of "C-" or better in all courses required for the minor. Pass/fail graded courses will not
be accepted except for approved study abroad coursework.
- A total of 9 hours of transfer credit will be accepted toward the minor. Note: Psych 1000 AP credit is not considered transfer credit.
- A&S majors cannot "double count" psychology minor coursework toward other A&S minor and/or major requirements. Minor coursework cannot also be used in the Foreign Language Alternative.
- Students can count applicable psychology minor coursework to meet general/education foundation requirements.
- A minor must be completed and awarded at the same time as the MU undergraduate degree - minors cannot be claimed after graduation. Once a psychology minor is awarded, a student cannot return to MU to complete a second undergraduate major in psychology. Students cannot earn a major and a minor in psychology.